Sunday, April 1, 2012

Family Life


I’m going to stop trying to move life and let life move me. That’s it! That’s what I’ve been struggling with all this time. Since my last life-altering change where I got angry with God and renounced a Christian way of life, I took too seriously the notion that I alone had complete control, that it was all up to me. Fate may not be in the hands of a Christian God, but it’s there in some shape or form. I guess I have to learn to go with the flow. But how? I have become so “cabezona” as my husband would say.
In the past most people, or most women have fought natural desires to be artists, professionals, etc, because they were supposed to have kids, be mothers and wives.
What if my natural desire is to be a mother and a wife, but I’ve fought against it all these years because now, in modern times, women are supposed to be “more” than that. And also my parents’ example of a marriage was nothing to be desired. I figured if that was marriage, who would want that?
This seems to be a popular problem in American society. We have a lot of f-ed up families here. We're also extremely obsessed with sex. Probably due to intimacy issues. I didn’t really see that until living in Mexico. I saw what a family could be. What a family should be. Because people of my parents’ generation up until now had horrible examples of family life, they all think that they don’t want it. Who would want all that negativity, hate and division? What we have now is not family life. How can we ever have healthy family life again if no one even knows what it is anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment